At Certegy, we’re helping to change the payments landscape by providing faster, and more efficient ways to securely connect retailers and consumers. Our technology provides both traditional and cutting-edge techniques for merchants to accept and verify payments.
Our clients range in size from locally-owned small businesses to the largest retailers in America, many of which have relied on us for over fifty years to provide check verification and warranty services, Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment solutions, and risk management expertise.
As a member of Certegy’s team, you’ll enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic culture, surrounded by colleagues focused on developing the latest financial and risk management products.
We’re seeking a Solution Architect who will help define and drive the overall technology vision into a working reality. You will introduce and manage the overall technical vision and solution strategy including platforms, tools, and other elements of the technology stack. You will design, describe, and manage the solution engineering for the overall business solution and provide supervision and guidance to the development teams.
While we would prefer you join us on-site in our Florida or Texas office locations, we do accept exceptional U.S. based remote candidates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive overall platform design, technical decisions regarding the solution and the impact they have on business outcomes.
- Serve as a primary technical liaison of the business analysis team in assisting in confirming customer success in creating applications and services on the technology platform.
- Understand client engagement, critically towards well-defined purposes and achievement standards.
- Understand and direct the technical transformation from legacy platforms to modern, cloud-based platforms.
- Conduct architectural evaluation, analysis, and design of enterprise-wide systems
- Stimulate appropriate design discipline and use of design tools
- Develop, enhance and maintain established process and procedure of cloud-based service design for assuring appropriate and robust design
- Collaborate with the software development team for ensuring suitable translation of architectural solution into robust and effective implementation
- Possess technical commitment and assist in ensuring a suitable and successful delivery of agreed cloud services.
- Record and spread best-practice knowledge between the solution architect teams.
Skills & Specifications
- Experience with multiple generations of technology architecture and the transformation of legacy platforms into modern, cloud-based platforms.
- Experience with advanced integration technologies and how to effectively and efficiently integrate multiple legacy platforms with modern, cloud-based platforms.
- Experience with delivering large, complex development efforts using agile-oriented methodology
- Experience with assessing technical scope and translating the scope into accurate time and cost estimates
- Experience with delivering mission-critical development efforts on time and within budget
- Experience leading large development teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill including the ability to describe complex technical concepts in relatable terms.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple workstreams and confidence in making decisions about how to prioritize work efforts.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems required. Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- 15+ years of experience building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems
- 5+ years of experience building and supporting cloud-based, enterprise systems