At Certegy, we’re helping to change the payments landscape by providing faster, and more efficient ways to securely connect retailers and consumers. Our technology provides both traditional and cutting-edge techniques for merchants to accept and verify payments.
Our clients range in size from locally-owned small businesses to the largest retailers in America, many of which have relied on us for over fifty years to provide check verification and warranty services, Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment solutions, and risk management expertise.
As a member of Certegy’s team, you’ll enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic culture, surrounded by colleagues focused on developing the latest financial and risk management products. Our recently opened headquarters office in sunny Clearwater, Florida is convenient to all the perks that the Tampa/St. Petersburg area has to offer, including museums, nightlife, professional sports teams, theme parks, casinos, and of course, endless miles of easily accessible beaches.
We’re seeking an AWS Engineer who will be a hands-on technology professional comfortable working in a DevOps environment. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of our build and deployment across AWS environments including scaling, provisioning, monitoring, and provisioning of AWS Infrastructure resources in an automated fashion. You will work with the application team and support their software and infrastructure platform.
While we would prefer you join us on-site in our Florida or Texas office locations, we welcome applications from exceptional remote candidates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, build, maintain and support production and non-production environments within AWS, ensuring secure and reliable applications.
- Monitor and improve the availability, throughput, and latency of web applications and their back-end components, including on prem databases and applications.
- Responsible for CI/CD using cloud and on prem infrastructure
- Develop and document processes to support ongoing development, change control, and production maintenance
- Provide support for application deployments
- Enable site performance monitoring and work with the application team on issue identification
- Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services and applications
- Work with application team to provide support for the automation of environments.
Skills & Specifications
- Experience in design and deployment of secure, dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS.
- Experience in AWS cost optimization and process optimization
- Experience in designing and development of automated deployment and scaling processes
- Experience on configuration management and deployment tools
- Experience in supporting the development of Java applications
- Experience in PostgreSQLand Oracle Databases
- Knowledge of Application Performance Monitoring tools or related open source tools.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems (building, testing, releasing)