Established private-equity-backed financial technology company in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and Clearwater, FL is seeking a Head of Marketing to support our Executive Team. In this newly created role, you’ll lead the Company’s marketing function in support of our strategic growth initiatives, working closely with our executive team. The successful candidate is expected to be a strong individual contributor initially, with the opportunity to build out a team of direct reports over time. This position requires someone who is comfortable managing a significant workload under tight deadlines, while interacting with multiple internal stakeholders. The role would suit someone who has previous experience managing marketing activities within a larger Fintech organization who is ready to take on a leadership position within an entrepreneurial organization.
Due to the constraints associated with COVID-19, this position will initially be remote, but will transition into an office-based role as the company returns to work. Although we prefer you to be located in the DFW Metroplex or Tampa Area, exceptional remote candidates will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Marketing Strategy: Working closely with the VP of Strategy & Commercial Development, provide trusted input in the development of the Company’s marketing strategy in support of key growth areas. Work closely with Product to ensure marketing strategies are aligned operations.
- Content and Collateral: Create compelling, attractive, and intelligent marketing content and collateral to be utilized by the Sales team during pitches, conferences, distributions, etc.
- Delivery: Design, develop, and oversee digital and traditional marketing campaigns across multiple platforms. Ensure marketing programs are delivered on-budget.
- Analysis: Monitor and report on the results of the Company’s marketing activities utilizing appropriate metrics (to include where applicable ROI, conversion rate, CAC, etc.)
- SEO: Manage the company’s SEO (onsite and offsite) efforts, leveraging third-party resources where necessary and appropriate.
- Industry Knowledge: Stay on top of emerging trends in the Fintech marketing space to ensure the Company is well-positioned to take advantage of new opportunities.
- Personnel: Over time, manage additional marketing resources including freelancers, subscriptions, and direct reports as appropriate.
- Finance: Collaborate with FP&A team to develop marketing/campaign budgets, quarterly forecasts and variance analysis.
Skills & Specifications
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a willingness to get into the weeds if necessary.
- Strong design aesthetic and attention to detail.
- Commercially minded thinker.
- Self-starter who takes ownership and can lead/manage projects independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders throughout the company.
- Experience within the financial service, technology, media, or telecom (preferred).
Education & Qualifications
- 5+ years of significant, recent and relevant marketing experience within a Fintech firm, preferably in the B2B space.
- Marketing planning experience including campaign planning and management.
- Experience managing SEO function either directly or indirectly.
- BS/BA in Marketing, or a related field from a top university is required.