At Certegy, we’re helping to change the payments landscape by providing faster, and more efficient ways to securely connect retailers and consumers. Our technology provides both traditional and cutting-edge techniques for merchants to accept and verify payments.
Our clients vary in size from locally-owned small businesses to the largest retailers in America, many of which have relied on us for over fifty years to provide check verification and warranty services, Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment solutions, and risk management expertise.
As a member of Certegy’s team, you’ll enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic culture, surrounded by colleagues focused on developing the latest financial and risk management products.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Software Engineer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
While we would prefer you join us on-site in our Florida or Texas office locations, we welcome applications from exceptional remote candidates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design and develop across the full architecture stack
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Identify issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures
- Identify opportunities for improvement, making recommendations and designing and implementing systems
- Maintain and improve existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Liaise with colleagues to implement technical designs
- Investigate and use new technologies where relevant
- Provide written knowledge transfer material
Skills & Specifications
- Proven experience in a Software Engineer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- A passion for solving problemsand providing workable solutions
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase
- Outstanding all-round communication skillsand ability to work collaboratively
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of work experience in Node.js and C#
- 2+ years of work experience with AWS Cloud